DESIGNING TOMORROW, TODAY
The NY Product Design Awards was launched to honor the efforts of talented product designers, design teams, and manufacturers from all over the world, whose designs have made daily living that much better with their practical and ingenious creations.
Recognizing that excellence exists in various forms in the design industry, the NY Product Design Awards intends to celebrate excellence in all its facets that are found in design work and its designers.
A well-thought-out design is both functional and aesthetically pleasing, and all-in-all improves one’s daily life. Said designs can stem from different people’s personal projects, commercial engagements or researches. To the NY Product Design Awards, these are the individuals we wish to honor.
The award honors design professionals of various expertise, from Automotive & Transport, Fashion & Lifestyle, Digital Electronic Devices, Furniture, Lighting, Home Interior, Medical Equipment, Hobby & Leisure, Packaging Design, Outdoor & Sport Equipment, Baby & Kids Products and Conceptual Design.
For designers who think beyond today’s concerns, and impact our future with your thoughtful works, we honor you. Through your works, you design tomorrow, today.
NY Product Design Awards Categories are divided into 16 award programs – Automotive & Transport, Fashion & Lifestyle, Digital Electronic Devices & Accessories, Furniture, Lighting, Home Interior, Medical / Scientific Equipment, Hobby & Leisure, Packaging Design, Outdoor & Sport Equipment, Baby, Kids & Children, Conceptual Design, Gaming, AR & VR, Wearable Technology, Industrial, Tools & Engineering, Workplace & Office etc.
The NY Product Design Awards is open to product designers of various background. Whether it’s done by a professional designer, a fledgling designer, or even a hobbyist, they are eligible for entry. This includes designs purposed for any function, commercial or otherwise.
We invite everyone to participate — professional designers, art directors, engineers, teachers, design firms, companies, manufacturers, institutions, ad agencies, PR firms, students and entrepreneurs — anyone with a great new product design.
– Entries must be produced within the last FIVE (5) calendar years up through the final deadline.
– All entries must be submitted for judging exactly as published or implemented and may not be modified for the competition. The NY Product Design Awards may request proof of initial production and/or publication date.
– The awards reserve the right to re-categorize incorrectly classified entries.
– Judges reserve the right to withhold an award in a category if submissions do not meet their expectations.
It is recommended that you keep your synopsis to approximately 350 words. We suggest you utilize this section of your entry to elaborate on the piece as well as the creativity and originality of your idea. The brief should strengthen your entry, as well as providing the jury a better understanding of your project. A written translation or adaptation must accompany non-English entries.
– The submissions should be saved in a flattened JPEG or JPG format. (keep them under 4MB, 1,200px wide is preferable, 300dpi, RGB).
2021 Entry Deadline & Fees:
Early Bird: Jul 16 – Aug 25, 2021 ($169)
Regular Entry Period: Aug 26 – Sep 22, 2021 ($179)
Final Entry Period: Sep 23 – Oct 20, 2021 ($199)
Final Extended Entry Period: Oct 21 – Nov 18, 2021 ($219)
There are FOUR (4) levels of achievement in the competition:
– Product Design of the Year
– Product Designer of the Year
– Gold (85-100 points)
– Silver (60-84 points)
Judging is blind. All entrant information is removed from entries to prevent bias/conflict of interest.
Judges are senior-level, experienced in their field/industry, including creative designers and art directors from international agencies, architects, fashion designers, interior designers, product designers, educators, marketers or business owners. Judges are selected based on experience, credibility and availability.
Judges score on a scale of 1-100, based on the below criteria:
1. Form – Design’s inherent visual and artistic quality
2. Creativity & Innovation – General evaluation of design idea, and its employment of creative or innovative concepts
3. Finishing & Functionality – Product quality, useability, safety features, ease of maintenance
4. Impact – Benefits, or lack thereof, the design brings to users and their environment
The NY Product Design Awards and International Awards Associate’s decision are final in its sole discretion and binding in relation to all matters relating to Competitions and may not be subject to any discussions or correspondence.
All winners will be announced on December 6, 2021 via NY Product Design Awards official page. All registered participants can then login to see the winning works.
– The Design of the Year, Designer of the Year winners receive a complimentary NY trophy and professionally designed certificate.
– One professionally designed certificate commemorating the winning entry, which includes entry title, entering company/winners’ name and category. Decal will be affixed indicating the level of win.
– Top tier (Gold and Silver) winners will be featured on NY Product Design Awards site’s Gallery, where professionals can view your work.
– Professionally designed logos for use on websites, in email signatures, etc.
– Platinum and winners will get featured by NY Product Design Awards on social media or our media partner on Muse.World’s website.
2021 NY Product Design Awards is calling for entries now. We honor you. Through your works, you design tomorrow, today.