Are you a student or professional interested in nature based solutions? Then, this call is for you! This contest is looking for innovative visions for the city of the future where design optimized to integrate nature can transform urban spaces into systems to live, produce, and restore the environment.
This Call aims to boost the reflection on how the integration of technologically enhanced NBS in cities can generate innovative visions, methodologies, and solutions.
– Can the use of technologies support NBS integration in cities with the final goal to enhance the provision of ecosystem services?
– How can we strengthen social relations through the implementation of innovative NBS?
– Will the technology-mediated implementation of NBS in cities lead to the development of innovative business models targeted at addressing current urban challenges?
The competition entries should be submitted digitally in PDF files via an online form (see below).
The proposals should comply with the following criteria:
– Being a design proposal, it should address one of the following scales: global, regional, urban, neighborhood, architectural, product design.
– Every proposal should be presented in three (3) vertical DIN A-3 panels
– The panels should contain the following information: title, short description, drawings. Optional: renders, pictures of prototypes.
– Proposals should be submitted in English.
– Panels should be anonymous. At the bottom right part of each panel you need to insert a code of six mixed letters and numbers (which you will need to insert this code in your application form).
– Each panel should be submitted in PDF format. The size of each file must not exceed 1MB.
OPTIONAL > Video: In addition to the 3 DIN A-3 panels, you have the option to submit a 1 minute (maximum) video to explain, in a few words, the key concepts of your proposal. Please use English subtitles even if you are speaking English. (It is not mandatory to speak in the video, you may also use text, images, animation etc). To submit the video: First upload the video to YouTube, then paste the YouTube link to the video section of the submission.
COMPETITION DETAILS: https://responsivecities2021.iaac.net/
APPLY HERE: https://apply.iaac.net/applications/view.php?id=128205
REGISTRATION is FREE!
DEADLINE: 30th September 2021, 23:59h CEST
– Selected projects will be published in an online publication with ISBN.
– The winning project will be offered a scholarship for the Master in Advanced Architecture 1 year program at IAAC, for the academic year of 2022/23, valued at 18.000 euros.
– The top 10 entries will be exhibited in the BUILDs final event exhibition to be held in November 2021. Moreover, they will be promoted in the BUILDs webpage and social media accounts and their authors will be included in the BUILDs talent network.
Jury to be announced soon on the Responsive Cities 2021 website and social media platforms!
For more information about the BUILDs Project check out: www.build-solutions.org
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleCall for Entries: Design with Nature Contest – Responsive Cities 2021
TypeCompetition Announcement (Ideas)
Submission DeadlineSeptember 30, 2021 11:30 PM