The Spanish Ceramic Tile Manufacturer’s Association (ASCER) announces the call for entry for the monumental 20th annual Tile of Spain Awards of Architecture, Interior Design and Final Degree Project. The objective of the Tile of Spain Awards is to promote the use of Spanish ceramic tiles in architecture and interior design projects (both in Spain and abroad). The program boasts a consolidated trajectory and is held in high esteem by architecture professionals.
- Building specifications in PDF/doc format including a brief description of the project (max. 600 words), stating the type of ceramic tiles used and the manufacturer’s brand name.
- Brief CV of the architect/interior designer or studio including the full contact details (postal address, telephone and email).
- PDF containing 5-8 DIN-A3 panels featuring high resolution photographs that show the finished project from various perspectives. The photographs must include images that clearly show the specific use of ceramic tiles in the project. In addition to the photographs, the panels may also include explanatory texts and detailed plans.
- Plans in pdf/jpeg/tiff DIN-A3 format including the location, plot, general floor plans, elevations, sections, structure and building details.
- Up to 10 project photographs in jpg/tiff and a 300 dpi resolution photograph of the authors.
- The zip folder must be less than 2GB.
The competition is open to any person, entity or institution, either individually or as a team. Professional architects, interior designers, architectural engineers, landscape designers and decorators of all nationalities can enter.
The two main categories – Architecture and Interior Design – each have a cash prize of over $17,000. Special mentions may also be made in both categories, based on the judges’ criteria. The third category, the Final Degree Project, targets students of architecture and has a cash prize of over $5,000.