Role: Junior Architect
Bates Masi Architects is a fifteen-person architecture firm specializing in modern residential and boutique commercial architecture. The firm has received over 186 design awards, including 2 Record House awards, 2 AIA National Design Awards, and induction into the ID Hall of Fame. A monograph of the firm’s work was recently published.
Our focus is on innovative design, based on extensive research and knowledge of fabrication, construction, and materials. We work in small teams that follow projects consistently from Concept Design through Construction Administration, and we collaborate closely with clients, as well as renowned consultants and contractors. As such, our office provides an ideal environment to learn and take on new responsibilities.
Bates Masi Architects is located in East Hampton, New York, a scenic resort community with access to New York City. We promote a healthy work-life balance and we enjoy a new office building of our own design. Along with a competitive salary, benefits include a matching 401(k) plan, health care plan, and vacation time.
The successful applicant’s qualifications will include:
- A professional degree in architecture from an NAAB accredited school
- An interest in building technology, construction techniques, and architectural detail
- Internship experience in construction documents, detailing, digital modeling, rendering, digital fabrication, and graphics
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- The ability to condense, categorize, and present research and ideas
- Must be eligible to work in the United States and willing to relocate to the Hamptons
- 3ds Max, and Vray experience is an asset
Please email your resume, cover letter, and samples of your academic and professional work (5mb maximum in PDF format) to email@example.com. No phone calls please.