Scenario Architecture is looking for a Technical Architect with 2+ years UK experience to engage with all technical aspects of our projects focusing on RIBA stages 4-7 using ArchiCAD.
We are a dynamic studio specialising in high-end private residential projects.
Our design methodology is uniquely collaborative, with the client as the focus of the design process.
We create bespoke, functional, sustainable and beautiful homes that are based on the methodical analysis and simulations of the unique way in which people wish to interact with the space around them.
Each project is allocated a team of three with each individual member specialising on one of the following key aspects – Design, Technical Design and Management.
We are looking for an Architect/Technologist to act as a technical specialist who can work within this team set up.
Primary duties will include:
- Advising on technical matters during RIBA stages 0-3.
- Production of tender and construction packages: drawings, schedules and specifications.
- Coordinating work by external consultants & internally with the rest of the team.
- Managing tender processes: Documentation, issuing and analysing (in collaboration with a Quantity Surveyor)
- Site inspections: Liaison with contractors on site, responding to RFI’s, managing site procedures & producing documentation.
- Administrating JCT Contracts and Issuing all related instructions, documentation and certificates.
The successful candidate would have demonstrated:
- Experience with delivering medium to high-end residential projects for end users.
- Outstanding technical design and detailing skills with ability to articulate high-quality and detailed schemes, thinking and working directly within a 3D BIM environment.
- Experience in delivery of projects through RIBA stages 4-7, including production and coordination of all project’s drawings & information.
- Tangible experience in delivering tender and construction packages.
- Substantial hands on experience with site inspections, running meetings and managing expectations during contract administration.
- An intimate knowledge of JCT contract administration.
- Excellent and current knowledge of UK Building regulations.
- Experience and understanding of BIM concepts, workflows and collaboration.
- Excellent Archicad skills and a clear understanding of it’s operation and outputs (Strong Revit users who are happy to migrate will be considered)
- Good understanding and basic applied knowledge of sustainable design.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, alongside the ability to liaise effectively with other team members, clients, consultants and contractors.
- Keen interest in current and emerging technical and sustainability solutions and products.
- High levels of team spirit with a collaborative and positive approach.
- Eligibility to work permanently in the UK and fluent written and spoken English.
Practice Structure & Characteristics:
- Boutique in scale and approach, ensuring a friendly, personal and high-quality service to our clients.
- Stable, long-standing and experienced full-time team. We operate without juniors, temporary or part time employees.
- Non-hierarchical. Team members collaborate seamlessly to achieve common objectives with high levels of team spirit and custodianship.
- Autonomy. Each team member has the freedom to act and take decisions independently within the jurisdiction of their role and the Scenario Vision with other team members, including the funding directors, supporting and advising only.
- Flexible approach to HR, with trust-based flexible working hours driven by allocated tasks & milestones. This is delivered by self-imposed priorities and disciplined time management by individuals.
- Strong brand identity. There is a unique workflow focussing on specialisation which is unique in the field of residential. The Management, Design and Technical roles are a symbiosis and we are excited to grow the practice in this manner.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and portfolio to email@example.com