Role: Director of Interior Design
Proper Development is a dynamic real estate development company located in Los Angeles. We are looking to hire an energetic and talented individual to fill an immediately available position.
Proper is looking to hire a Director of Interior Design. Having recently relocated into a new vibrant and spacious office, we are currently working on a variety of exciting new projects in Los Angeles, Charleston, and Austin. Primarily the work is associated with new ground-up multifamily and mixed-use projects that prioritize social interaction, high-end amenities, and quality materials.
Our ideal candidate has previous hotel, luxury single family and/or multifamily residential experience. This person will be responsible for designing, directing and coordinating projects from conception through completion. They will be working with our various consultants, operators, and brand partners. This person will also be responsible for directing, leading and mentoring staff as we continue to grow.
Applicants should have extensive (6-9 years) experience in the interior architecture/design process from schematic concept development through production and installation, including a minimum of (3) years of Project Management experience.
- Professional Degree in Interior Design/Architecture
- Excellent organizational, and project management skills
- Knowledge of technical detailing and construction documentation
- Ability to work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, and agencies to meet overall project objectives
- Proficiency in Revit/Archicad and/or other BIM software platform
- Hands-on approach and highly motivated
- Ability to work in a small and very fast-paced firm culture
- Self-disciplined and confident with a
- Highly detailed and organized
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Currently located in Los Angeles
- Develop vision for project design aesthetic
- Develop project mood board
- Work with Architect and design team to advance architectural design from schematic through CD phase
- Develop elevations for specialty designs
- Source and specify all interior solid surface finishes
- Source and specify all exterior solid surface finishes
- Work with landscape architect and design team to advance landscape design
- Work with lighting designer and design to team to advance lighting design
- Oversee FF&E selections and installation
This position comes with an immediate start date, and salary is dependent on experience.
- Flexible based on candidates needs
To Apply: Submit Cover Letter, Resume, work samples in PDF format via email to email@example.com. If you have a Pinterest board highlighting your overall design aesthetic and taste, feel free to include that as well.