We are seeking experienced job captains with experience in high-density residential urban infill projects to join our team.
Role: Job Captain (Multifamily Residential)
We are looking for Revit proficient candidates with excellent interpersonal skills who are intelligent, collaborative and articulate.
Job Captain applicants should have the technical and leadership abilities to plan, organize and manage the efforts of a production team to produce high quality construction documents within an allotted time and budget. They should also be skilled in managing client and consultant relationships.
- Supervise, coordinate and lead the production team on a project in developing the construction documents. Oversee 2-4 architectural staff.
- Strong technical background and experience putting together a project.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Assist the project manager in developing project documents.
- Administer complex multifamily residential projects.
- Detail all components of a building.
- Provide support for any tasks required for the successful completion of the project.
- Coordinate with outside consultants and other team members. Review consultants work to ensure compliance with code and project requirements.
- Ensure accuracy of the plans.
- Verify that the project work is done efficiently and in accordance with established office standards.
- Review all drawings prior to plan check submittal, bidding and construction.
- Proficient in Revit, Bluebeam
- Code Knowledge
- Experience in Construction Observation
- Consultant Coordination
- Agency Coordination
- Standard technical knowledge for construction documentation
Bachelors of Architecture Degree or equivalent required. Licensed or actively pursuing registration preferred.
2 or more years of experience as a Job Captain in an architectural firm through all phases of a project, or 5 or more years of residential multifamily architectural experience. Demonstrated experience in the development of a complete set of production plans from design development through construction documents and plan check.
If you meet the requirements of this position, please submit your resume via email with cover letter and compact representative sample of your work to email@example.com with the subject line “Job Captain”.
WM is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation and benefit package. In order to be considered for employment, applicants must be currently eligible to work in the United States. We will contact only those candidates with whom we would like to move forward.
For more information about the firm, visit our website at www.witheemalcolm.com No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Withee Malcolm Architects is an established award-winning Southern California firm that specializes in high-density urban in-fill, mixed-use, affordable housing, commercial/industrial buildings and interiors.