Role: Landscape Architect/Project Manager
We envision landscape as the medium of the contemporary city, and our work, across multiple private and public commissions, as one continuous habitat for the city of Los Angeles and beyond. With an ambition toward creating dynamic environments, which join us to our context and community, our projects are vibrant, visible and integrated within our daily lives. Above all, we thrive on creating landscapes that are deeply personal and celebrate the relationship between planetary health, artistic expression and the ephemerality of the natural world.
JOB POSTING – LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT/PROJECT MANAGER
Elysian Landscapes is currently seeking a full-time Landscape Architect/Project Manager to join our team in a leadership role on significant residential projects. Proficient at and passionate about the creation of outstanding landscapes from concept through execution, the ideal candidate will have strong experience in the design and construction processes. Demonstrated experience should include maintaining clear and effective communication between designers, consultants, vendors and client, and effective supervision of internal project teams.
- Professional degree from an accredited college of Architecture or Landscape Architecture (BArch, MArch or MLA).
- High level of proficiency with AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office. Land F/X a plus.
- 7-10 years of Landscape Design and Construction Experience.
- 7-10 years of Construction Document and Specification Experience.
- Knowledge of grading design, planting design, materials and technical aspects of landscape design.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required.
- A high degree of self-motivation, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Effective communication skills with strong organizational principles and attention to detail.
- Oversight of all client presentations.
- Management of multiple significant residential projects.
- Coordination with clients as well as multiple vendors, subcontractors and consultants to maintain design intent, project budget and project schedule.
- Coordination with city planning and all city agencies.
- On-site construction supervision.
Please submit a current resume, references and at least five (5) projects that best represent the candidate’s professional and academic design work in PDF format (8MB maximum).
All applicants who are not U.S. citizens must describe their status to work in the United States, including visa type and duration.