Role: Senior Designer
MVE + Partners designs influential and award-winning projects throughout the world. Our practice is diverse with an eclectic portfolio of successful architecture, planning, and interior design assignments.
Our team comprises a talented group of individuals, equally entranced by art, fashion, technology, business, education, sports, food, and above all – design. We believe in teamwork, family, friendship, happy hours, charity, and healthy competition. We strive to build a positive, healthy, and fun environment for our team as we work toward a common goal: Creating exceptional communities and environments for people to live, work, play, and recharge.
- Provide leadership and creative design direction during the conceptual and schematic phases of projects.
- Oversee and perform all architectural services at the task level from initial design through completion of construction to provide design continuity.
- Coordinate with the Principal to develop, create, and implement project design concepts
- Develop the project program and initial design concept; coordinate with other team members to further develop design concepts through the Schematic Design and Design Development project phases.
- Coordinate with all parties engaged in the project to integrate all information into current and future project documents.
- Assist with and/or develop project goals and plan layout; prepare information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time.
- Work closely with project team to organize, assemble, and coordinate individual drawings into a cohesive set of construction documents as required.
- Motivate, manage, and mentor junior design staff in design skills and execution of project concepts.
- Work directly with clients, consultants, city officials, and other professionals to advance the design concepts and gain appropriate city approvals.
- Participate and manage cutting edge technology in the form of the BIM platform and other computer software.
- Collaborate with other MVE project architects to execute projects through construction documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent experience
- Minimum 15 years of experience in all phases of architectural delivery preferred
- Well-rounded, current experience with Multi-family residential, Type III projects, hospitality, high-rise, retail, and mixed-use
- Required: Advanced software skills in Revit/BIM , Rhino, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite; Spexx is a plus
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Licensure in the State of California preferred
- Candidates with existing Work Authorization only
Us: Benefits + Perks
- Rich benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, and FSA
- 401(k) and financial planning
- Professional Development including Architectural Licensure Support and Reimbursement
- Continuing Education opportunities, including regular Lunch & Learns
- Internal Career Pathing and Mentoring Support
- 9 paid holidays, paid sick and vacation time
- A collegial working environment that balances life and work
- Office Parties, Employee Appreciation Lunches, Happy Hours, and a Wellness Program!
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to an award-winning firm that continues to push the envelope in architectural design, planning, and technology.
Equal Opportunity Employer
MVE + Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. MVE does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
In accordance with local “Fair Chance” Ordinance(s), qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, will be considered for employment.
We participate in E-Verify.
To Be Considered for This Position:
Use the link to apply; a cover letter, resume and portfolio are required, and can be attached separately. No portfolio links are accepted.
Please note: Due to the number of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to those candidates whom most closely match our requirements.