Role: Senior Designer
Ana Williamson Architecture is an award-winning architecture firm based in Menlo Park specializing primarily in custom residential design. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated designer to join our small studio of 6 – best fit is someone whose outlook is one with a zest for life. A creative, resourceful individual who is eager to take on new challenges and pick up management responsibilities will thrive in the position. We have several exciting projects in the works and the selected candidate will likely dedicate most of their time to work on 3-5 projects while assisting selectively on other projects as deadlines demand.
- Work closely with the Principal and staff to support residential remodels and new construction
- Collaborate on design direction of project
- Prepare and present designs to internal team members, consultants, contractors, and clients
- Manage day-to-day workflow on small projects where the candidate is responsible and support Principal and Project Managers with other, larger projects
- Production, either solo or in concert with team, of presentation drawings and permit/construction drawings
- Manage project correspondence, schedule and budget, including coordination with consultants, contractors, and clients, on projects for which the candidate is responsible
- Manage deadlines with team members and consultants for the projects, especially where the candidate is responsible
- Research of codes, materials, and new construction methods
- Professional Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Architecture required
- Approximately 3-5 years of experience in architecture profession
- At least 3 years of experience should include work on custom, private residential projects OR at least 3 years of experience in all phases of design with construction administration
- Must have excellent design and communication skills
- Experience managing consultants and small projects preferred
- Proficiency with ArchiCAD preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop or Illustrator as well as InDesign
- Dog lover! We have an office dog, sometimes a few dogs
Terms of employment:
- Full Time – approximately 40 hours a week.
- Further terms will be spelled out in contract to be signed upon commencing employment, and will include a competitive benefits package with health insurance, 401k and continuing education funds.
Qualified candidates should forward a resume, short portfolio (under 5mb, please), and cover letter that outlines relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call or contact Ana Williamson Architect directly.