Role: Project Design Manager
Laguarda.Low Architects seeks Project Design Managers with 5+ years experience to work on large-scale international mixed-use projects. This is an excellent opportunity to collaborate in a dynamic studio environment on innovative, thought-provoking work. In 17+ years of practice, Laguarda.Low has designed over 500 projects in over 20 countries across Europe, Asia, North and South America. Please visit our web page www.laguardalow.com for more information.
Candidates for the Project Design Manager position must possess strong management skills, both for people and deadlines, with an ability to participate in an energetic, fast-paced creative process. Fully qualified candidates will work alongside Lead Designers to ensure that projects are delivered on time and that contractual obligations have been met. Strong organizational and verbal communication skills, whether it be leading a team or working within a team environment, are critical.
Ideal candidates should have the following:
- Accredited professional or graduate degree in architecture with 5+ years professional experience.
- Professional registration or be working toward professional registration.
- Extensive working knowledge of 2D presentation/design software such as PowerPoint, InDesign, Excel, AutoCAD, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of 3D design software such as Rhino.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently toward deadlines.
- Ability to manage a design team toward a deadline.
- Ability to coordinate with multiple disciplines to complete drawing packages.
- Ability to interact directly and effectively with design principals and clients.
- Ability to travel abroad.
All candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and brief portfolio that best illustrates the candidate’s design ability via email to email@example.com with “Project Design Manager-Your Name” in the subject line. Please send all items attached to the email in .PDF format. The total size of your email should not exceed 5 MB. Please do not send disks or hard copies, and please no phone calls or drop-in inquiries. Only fully qualified candidates should apply.
Salary commensurate with education level completed, professional experience, and demonstrated knowledge base. Full benefit package included. Equal-Opportunity Employer.