Role: Senior Graphic Designer
At SOM, we are a collective committed to shaping a better future for our clients, communities and planet. We aspire to create the most sustainable, impactful work through creative, interdisciplinary teams with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. We value those who are passionate about excellence, innovation, integrity, inclusivity, and collaboration. Together we can achieve great things.
Success at SOM Means
- Ideas: We believe in a meritocracy of ideas. We look to everyone to actively contribute to the discourse in the firm.
- Knowledge: We believe that expertise is the result of lifelong learning. We are not expected to know everything, but rather to passionately pursue answers, develop new skills and deepen our knowledge.
- Product: We strive for excellence in the concept, quality, and delivery of our work.
- Individual: We value individuals who bring the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity in the way they work. Each person can develop and contribute their wealth of attributes, skills and knowledge to support the overall health of the firm.
- Team: We value the power of interdisciplinary integration. A positive team culture in which everyone collaborates openly towards common goals is essential.
- Firm: We have a history of making transformative contributions to the profession and our communities. We are constantly innovating and attempting to bring new approaches, solutions and processes to our work.
The Senior Graphic Designer will assist the marketing communications team in the production of custom materials including, but not limited to, branded collateral development; proposals, presentations and brochures; and digital marketing/communications collateral. This role requires a highly communicative and collaborative candidate able to communicate ideas to individuals of varying seniority.
- Design development of branded materials for marketing/communications collateral, events and exhibitions
- Production of digital and printed branded marketing communications collateral
- Digital presentations for clients and events
- Production of motion graphic materials for video/animated collateral.
- Design identities and visual content for social media
- Production of large format printing, such as architectural boards and awards submissions
- Act as a brand-ambassador and ensure staff adhere to brand guidelines
- Oversee and mentor junior designers
- Execute and prioritize project tasks efficiently and accurately
- Production and editing of diagrams, drawings and sketches
- Collaborate with office leadership and the global marketing and communications teams to realize a variety of projects, presentations and submissions of competition entries and international bids.
- Inspires and leads others by example, participates in staff mentoring and training, clearly defines team member expectations and responsibilities, empowers others, and delegates where appropriate based on team members’ recognized abilities and potential.
- Develops and/or manages, in collaboration with team members, a clear and consistent work plan to achieve the project budget, deliverables, and schedule.
- Actively engages in internal and external professional development opportunities.
- Contributes to the implementation of sustainable strategies in all project assignments and the associated development of staff knowledge.
- Contributes to the development of standards, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- A creative and skilled eye for graphic design and presentation
- Proven experience of working in a fast moving, deadline driven commercial environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present ideas to staff of all levels
- Ability to work on multiple assignments while maintaining the highest level of quality
- Will have a strong understanding of print and production procedures
- Maintain a calm and approachable demeanor with an unflappable positive attitude
- Be a team player with an ability to deliver creative solutions to tight deadlines
- Promote self-motivation and proactivity
- Proficient in Adobe Premier and After Effects preferred
- Knowledge of AEC industry and AEC drawing sets preferred
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit software systems preferred
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM’s employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportu…
For more about SOM: www.som.com [For external posts only if possible]
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.
To be considered for this position, you must apply on our career portal. Click here to apply.