We are looking for an experienced Architect to join our team at JAR Architecture in the beautiful town of Conwy North Wales. The practice has been established over 9 years and has grown organically over this time. We undertake a variety of projects from small extensions, complete house renovations, new build, small developments, and industrial/commercial work. The workload is varied so we are looking for an Architect with an equal breadth of knowledge, or someone who has a lot of experience in one sector perhaps and is looking to gain more knowledge in other areas. The Architect will be required to work with clients across North Wales and Cheshire.
The successful candidate will be managing their own time and project delivery so will be expected to work independently for the most part. We want this role to develop into a long-time commitment with the company and as such it will come with appropriate remuneration/roles in the future.
Architect Roles & Responsibilities
- Meet with clients, take written briefs, and set up job files.
- Have strong design skills, good hand drawing skills is a benefit.
- Have a full understanding of the UK Building regulations and keep up to date with changes.
- Prepare drawings, specifications, and construction documents.
- Create project programs and deadlines
- Run residential and commercial projects from inception through to completion.
- Undertake site visits and complete contractor valuations for payment.
Architect Required Skills & Experience
- Fully qualified Part III Architect
- Must be registered with ARB (Member of RIBA desirable)
- Experience of running a project through all RIBA stages
- A fluent use of Autocad.
- Excellent design, detailing and presentation skills.
- We are moving to Revit so experience in this is beneficial.
- A good understanding of NBS Specification (although this can be taught).
- Experience working on housing projects, ideally residential schemes/developments
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
No agencies please
Salary is negotiable based on experience, including pension, flexi-hours and bonus scheme
Submit your CV, examples of work and cover letter, stating your aspirations and interests, availability and the desired salary.