Role: Project Architect – Senior Living
SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,300 experts across 15 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces. We are deeply committed to our promise to Design a Better Future – for our clients, communities and employees. Are you ready to help us get there?
The San Francisco office of SmithGroup is looking for a Project Architect to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Lead a team of architects to complete technical documents for projects of complex nature (senior living, mixed-use, multi-family).
- Prepare, coordinate, and complete construction documents packages.
- Lead day-to-day construction administration activities including coordination with the contractor, owner, and consultants to maintain project progress.
- Mentor, provide oversight, and monitor the work performed by junior staff.
- Establish and execute project work plan and staffing requirements.
- Develop trusted relationships with clients.
- Participate in recruiting and performance management of staff.
- Meet with owners and user groups to determine program and planning requirements.
An ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience.
- Architectural Registration required.
- LEED AP preferred.
- Working knowledge of engineering systems; can successfully engage with professionals in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with clients and build client relationships and trust.
- Strong mentoring, written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- High proficiency with Revit required, proficiency with AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign desired.
- Experience leading other architects and project teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of code implementation and jurisdiction review, with particular emphasis on Residential, Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, OSHPD 2, and Skilled Nursing Facilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of construction practices and methodologies for both Type I and Type V construction types.
Only candidates who meet these requirements will be considered.
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or arrest/conviction records.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link: