Role: Junior Architectural Draftsperson
GKW ARCHITECTS – CONSTRUCTORS, INC. is a dynamic and highly collaborative Architectural firm with 10 years of experience building commercial, residential communities, and mixed-use developments. Our team focuses on the belief of honest business practices and solving problems with our team, developers, and clients. Please visit our website for more information.
Our office is quickly expanding and we are looking to grow our team. We are currently seeking Junior Architectural Draftpersons- Designers and Job Captains. This candidate must have an exceptional design ability, and be on the path of becoming an Architect ( AXP & ARE). We are looking for someone who can turn around a full set of construction documents. Using Revit is a bonus. We also expect the candidate to be prepared to orchestrate construction on the field. This professional will be communicating with team members, clients, and city officials in an exciting and fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of a fun and energetic team. Candidates will have the opportunity to learn, grow within the firm, and experience all phases of design.
- AXP Licensure Support: ARE Study Materials
- Mentorship: Rewarding work environment & family-like atmosphere
- Fun Team Building Activities & Events
- Open Studio Environment
- Coordinating and working on projects from start to finish / Full Scope of Work
Ideal Candidates will meet the following:
- Graduate of a NAAB accredited 4 or 5 year Architecture School
- Strong skills in Revit, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, and Adobe software
- Strong skills in the production and management of construction drawings, start to finish (Job Captain)
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker with good listening skills and strong follow-through
- Strong verbal and graphic communication, organizational and collaborative skills
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently and in a team environment to coordinate with other design professionals
- Commitment to their own professional growth as an Architect
- Friendly & Fun Personality
- Bonus: 3+ years Revit/ BIM experience
- Bonus: Experience working in construction phases of projects with owners and General Contractors
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Generating Construction Documents for residential and commercial buildings with Revit Architecture
- Draft and develop design proposals / Schematic Designs
- Project Site Visits/ Construction Sites
- Responsible for development and coordination of drawings and specifications including : program compliance, code and agency compliance, schedule commitments, and product research.
- Coordination and Meetings with Consultants, Contractors, Clients, and City officials to execute work in an orderly and timely manner
- Provide input to design and construction schedule- communicate the technical implication of design decisions
- Maintain organization of existing and new projects
- Provide support for any tasks required for the successful completion of the project
This is a Full-Time position. 40 hrs/week, Typical Work Hours will be 9:00am-6:00pm Monday through Friday, with a 1-hr lunch Break. Compensation will be discussed at the interview.
How to Apply: Please email your cover letter, resume, and pdf samples of your work to email@example.com.