MAD Architects is seeking a senior technical architect to join its team in Beijing, China.
Role: senior technical architect
- you are a globally-minded individual with an excellent academic background (bachelor in architecture, constructing architecture, building technology or equivalent from an internationally recognised school) and a proactive, positive attitude
- you have a track record of at least ten years in-depth post-qualification involvement in leading international architecture firms, having demonstrated success as a technical architect or advisor on a series of complex large-scale mixed-use, cultural, civic and hospitality projects through all stages of design to construction
- you combine strong aesthetic design sensitivity with thorough technical knowledge and construction experience
- you are able to synergise ambitious architectural concepts and sound technical solutions and are a clear and precise communicator
- you bring extensive expertise in construction drawing and detailing, are well versed in building systems, materials and products, and demonstrate a profound knowledge of practice and industry standards and codes, and are interested in technical advancement and innovation
- you excel in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, enjoy imparting your knowledge and contributing to multiple teams, and have exemplary time management and delivery skills
- you are highly skilled in AutoCAD, with a working knowledge of Rhino, Maya and Revit
English fluency is a key requirement, with business level Mandarin and other business level language skills a plus.
MAD gives you the opportunity to challenge and develop yourself creatively and technically within our friendly, sociable, supportive and stimulating environment.
We offer long-term prospects to advance your career within our worldwide design network.
Salaries and benefits are competitive and commensurate with your experience.
For more information, please proceed to www.i-mad.com
About MAD Architects
MAD Architects is a global studio of talented architects, designers, and creative thinkers dedicated to impacting the experience and understanding of the built space that surrounds us, developing visionary, fluid, and technologically advanced designs that embody a contemporary interpretation of the Eastern affinity for nature.
Our team of 130 works across offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, and Rome, on projects ranging from livable large-scale urban developments to imaginative civic, cultural, residential and hospitality buildings of varying scale that endeavour to create a balance between humanity, the city and the environment.
Current works across Asia, North America and Europe include the Lucas Museum of Narrative Art in Los Angeles, the Nanjing Zendai Himalayas Centre and the China Philharmonic Hall in Beijing and residential complexes in Beverly Hills, Paris and Rome (all under construction), with
the large-scale Quzhou sports campus and the Rotterdam Fenix Museum, amongst others, in design development.
For our growing Beijing office, we are looking for talents of a senior level of experience to join our teams on an ambitious medium to large scale projects. As an integral part of our international practice, you will be contributing actively to the development of MAD.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!