Role: Graduate Architect
About Gray Puksand:
Gray Puksand is an Australian architecture and integrated design practice with over 100 highly engaged design professionals across 3 studios in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.
Our vision is to create an inspired future with beautiful, authentic and considered projects that improve the way people work, learn and live.
The human experience is at the heart of everything we create. Working across multiple sectors, from education and commercial architecture to workplace and retail design, our design process begins with investigating and truly understanding our clients’ desires and aspirations. We employ our extensive knowledge, research and excellence in design to create future-proof environments.
Individually, we are accomplished, curious, imaginative designers. Collectively, we are a diverse national team, applying a consistent design methodology to deliver successful projects for our clients and the people who inhabit them.
About the Role:
We are looking for Architectural Graduates with 1-4 years’ experience to join our Sydney Studio.
You will get exposure to an exciting range of projects across a diverse variety of sectors including Education, Commercial, Mixed-Use, Health and Science and Retirement and Lifestyle Living.
We care about our people and the development of our Graduates. We offer a formal graduate program that sets you up with the skills and support to succeed both in your immediate and long-term career development. This program is led by our Graduates, so you have an opportunity not only to learn but also to add to the ongoing development of the program and our company. We also support our staff throughout the registration process as well as offering you exposer to all project phases and end to end project experience.
Our leaders are amazing mentors and genuinely passionate about assisting those starting out in the industry to grow and flourish. We have a formal mentoring program that sets you up with a Partner and Associate level mentor to continually help guide you and set you up for succession. We also have clear pathways of progression and meet twice a year formally to review your progress and map out goals to ensure your ongoing career development.
In our Sydney Studio, you will join our fun-loving, dedicated and creative team of over 20 Architects, Documentors, Interior Designers and Graphic Design professionals. Nationally you will join a team of over 100 designer professionals and 12 Graduates. We have a lively and inclusive culture, our staff love coming to work and being part of a team that genuinely works together.
Our open and light-filled Sydney studio is in the heart of the Sydney CBD, close to trains, buses and ferries, with onsite showers for those who enjoy riding or running to work.
We are looking for Architectural Graduates with at least 12 months of professional experience. Ideally, you will have experience working on larger scale projects (20> million built value).
Having the right attitude is key to long-term success. We are looking for team members that have are keen to learn and develop, take responsibility, are perfectionist in nature; thorough and detail orientated and appreciate that Architecture more than just design, it is also about working as a team, both internal and external to get the best project outcomes.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Good working knowledge and proven experience using Revit on projects
- 6+ months professional experience in an Architectural Practice
- An eye for detail, design, and innate pride in your work
- Ability work as part of a cohesive team and ability work autonomously
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to proactively communicate with people, asking questions as needed and providing updates unprompted
- Strong time management skills
- Wiliness to continuously learn and develop
- Visualization and Rendering skills, using programs such as Photoshop, Enscape, Lumion, 3DS Max will be highly regarded too
What is on Offer?
For the right person, this role presents limitless opportunities to grow your career with an emerging Tier 1 firm.
In addition to this, Gray Puksand can offer:
- Structured Graduate Program and Registration Program
- Learning & Development and Mentoring Programs
- Clear pathways for development and progression
- An empowering and supportive leadership team
- Passionate, highly engaged, respectful, fun-loving team
- A growing national firm who will support your career as it goes from strength to strength
- High calibre projects with a responsive design approach allowing you to be innovative and think ‘out of the box’
- Engaging Wellbeing and Culture Programs
- Strong strategic plan for ongoing growth to become a National Tier 1, Top 10 Practice
Furthermore, you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and ongoing career development.
Please press the ‘Apply’ button. Please attach your Folio as the cover letter (ensure these are compressed to 2MB to comply with the file uploads).
Find Out More:
To find out more about our projects and practice please go to www.graypuksand.com.au
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in architecture?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?