Role: Architect – Job Captain
Todd B. SPIEGEL/architects is seeking an Architect / Job Captain to work in our Westlake Village, California office. The ideal candidate will have experience working on large-scale multi-family, residential, and commercial projects. The position requires strong technical drawing skills, knowledge of Type V construction methods, California building codes, good communication skills, and an ability to work in a team environment. We are a small but growing full-service Architecture and Design-Build firm with flexible hours and opportunities for professional growth and varied experiences.
The primary duties of the Architect / Job Captain is to organize and manage the efforts of the design and construction document team and to produce and provide technical leadership relating to the production and quality of contract documents.
The candidate must be successful in:
- Managing and producing quality contract documents on schedule and within budget.
- Managing client relationships in a manner that leads to customer satisfaction, repeat business, and referrals.
- Ability to coordinate effectively with engineering and design consultants.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Professional degree in Architecture preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Architecture and/or Construction.
- Minimum 2 years of experience utilizing BIM modeling on completed projects.
- Extensive knowledge of architectural detailing and construction practices.
- Basic Knowledge of CAD & BIM software and their application in development of design through construction documents.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
If you are interested in joining our team, please reply to this post via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, wages, portfolio and technical work samples.